Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Unbelievable Connection

Have any of you seen the Nostalgia Critic's review of The Garbage Pail kids? It looked like the worst movie he had ever done. Worse than Batman & Robin. Worse than Tom and Jerry: The Movie. Worse than Good Burger. Those trading cards he also described also looked like utter crap. I just really hate things that are gross for the sole purpose of being gross.

So I wanted to research this movie on Tv Tropes wiki. And I discovered that the Co-Creator of the trading cards was Art Spiegelman.

He was the creator of the graphic novel Maus (which I found in my local Library. I love that place. It's where I first found Watchmen as well), a VERY brutal, sad and sombre novel. Basically, it's a retelling of his father's survival of the Holocaust, except with people portrayed as animals (Jews as mice, Nazis as cats, Americans as dogs, Poles as pigs, ect). It is an excellent novel, which I would recommend reading, if you can find it.

So how could he have made this, yet also created those disgusting abominations mentioned above?

What next? It turns out Alan Moore created Planet Sketch?

No comments: